Monday, August 16, 2010

Because I could not find a soapbox application on Facebook.

I have thought about the way I would like to live my life and over the past year I have decided that I would prefer travel to the thirty year house mortgage and charity over the security of a 401k 9-5pm office job.To be completely honest I would have to say that this is less of a revelation as it is a confirmation of what I have known since I first watched the complexity of our world as seen in the movie Seven Years in Tibet. I think I was about 10 years old then and the impact was made manifest immediately as I tried to mimic the practice of harmony with the world that I witnessed in the monks. It was that film among many other seemingly disconnected experiences that ultimately gave me permission to follow the sacred romance of traveling and partaking in the work for social justice.

So here I am a Senior in college preparing for an unprepared life, trying to focus my hope and aggression into progress towards a more just society and world.

As for this blog I'm not sure of its purpose, suffice it to say that there are things that need to be said.

No comments:

Post a Comment